Great News! The Hocking County Health Department has given the go-ahead for all cabins in Hocking Hills to re-open effective Monday, May 4, 2020. While we are very excited to start welcoming guests back to Hocking Hills, we are also committed to protecting the health & safety of our guests, our staff, and ourselves. With that in mind, we will be following the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC, the State of Ohio, and our local health department.
Carefree Cabins has always maintained a stringent policy and regimen around the cleaning & sanitation of our cabins prior to your arrival. If you have stayed with us in the past, then you already know cleanliness always has been, and always will be, one of our top priorities. However, we’ve never taken the opportunity to explain to our guests exactly what we do to prepare our cabins for you. Shown below is an overview of our standard cabin cleaning process and things we do to ensure your safe, healthy, and restful stay at our cabins.
- All linens (bath towels, hot tub towels, sheets AND bed quilts) are laundered fresh after every check-out!
- Door knobs, light switches, remotes, land-line phone, massage chair, and other common surfaces are disinfected and sanitized.
- Appliances, counter tops, bathroom surfaces and any hard surfaces are cleaned with proper cleaning solutions to ensure cabins are safe & clean for your arrival.
- All floors are vacuumed and mopped to maintain an extra level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- All trash and used cleaning supplies are disposed of offsite.
- Hot tubs are fully serviced and maintained on a regular schedule and between check-ins using chlorine and other chemicals to produce sparkling clear & healthy balanced water (see more hot tub info below).
- Twice per year, each cabin receives a “deep cleaning” which includes walls, ceilings, vents, behind major appliances, all the little nooks & crannies, and much more.
- Twice per year, our cabins are professionally treated inside & out for bugs and other “pests”.
- We have a “NO TOUCH” check-in process.
- We take great pride in our cleanliness with a steadfast commitment to ensure guests are welcomed with clean, sanitized, and healthy amenities to enjoy during your stay!
To give you even greater confidence when deciding to stay with Carefree Cabins, we are now taking a few additional steps for your peace of mind. First, we are providing hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in all cabins. Second, our cleaning staff will be taking extra care to wipe down all high-touch surfaces/items and spray them with a disinfectant as a final step in our cleaning process. And lastly, we have removed all decorative (non-essential) throw pillows from our cabins.
While the use of facial masks in public is not being mandated by the State of Ohio, they are strongly recommended. We encourage all cabin guests to bring their own PPE (masks & gloves) when visiting the Hocking Hills area. And while we are providing hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes at each cabin, you may want to bring your own if you have sensitivities or a preferred brand.
Regarding hot tub usage, according to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC.gov) there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine or bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19. At Carefree Cabins, we treat all our hot tubs with chlorine. The chemical levels are checked and maintained on a regular basis during your stay, and in between stays.
Regarding cancellations and refunds, we will continue to follow our current policy as published on our website. We strongly encourage all guests to consider purchasing travel insurance from one of the trusted partners at SquareMouth. Visit https://carefreecabinshockinghills.com/insurance and find the “Cancel For Any Reason” policy that is right for you.
We hope your visit to Carefree Cabins will be a much needed escape from the stress, anxiety and craziness which has become the focus of our lives lately. Let’s start easing back into some sense of normalcy, and what better way to start than with a visit to Hocking Hills!
Worried about what to do in Hocking Hills while the state parks are closed? Explore this list of other amazing parks that ARE open!