Hidden Gem Retreat Cabin
Hidden Gem Retreat is thoughtfully furnished to ensure you feel pampered and fully relaxed while away from home. Originally opened in November 2013, this "hidden gem" is tucked away on a beautiful 2.3 acre wooded hillside, yet conveniently located close to the Hocking Hills State Parks and other local area attractions. It also features a paved asphalt driveway for easy access, even with a motorcycle, and ample parking.
The Hidden Gem is nestled among beautiful smelling trees and surrounded by wildlife. During your stay you can expect to enjoy the peacefulness, serenity, and beauty the Hocking Hills area has to offer. This cabin was designed with your comfort in mind, and offers amenities that are sure to delight.
For starters, the lodge decor provides a warm, comfortable setting that will make you feel like you’re far away from home and sets the mood for your getaway. There is a private downstairs bedroom and upstairs open-loft 2nd bedroom. Enjoy a soak in the jetted bathtub and snuggle by the gas log fireplace with your favorite beverage while reading a book or taking in a movie on the flat-screen TV.
You'll also discover a fully equipped kitchen (stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, crock pot, toaster, utensils, pots, pans, etc) for preparing a private romantic dinner for two, or a feast for four. Just bring the food!
After taking a nature hike, there is a bubbly hot tub and infrared sauna to sooth your muscles. Don’t hesitate to indulge and enjoy a morning cup of coffee sitting on the front porch, or an evening around the sandstone fire pit, while soaking in all nature has to offer.
Hidden Gem Retreat Rental Rates
Based on 2-person occupancy. Additional guests $25/each per night up to maximum of 4-guests.
* 2-night minimum on weekend is Thursday/Friday, Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday. Any stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night is considered a two night minimum at weekend rates.
** Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4th), Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day
Cabin Rental Details & Policies
- Rental rates based on 2-person occupancy
- Additional guests age 5 and up are $25/each per night up to a maximum of 4 total guests.
- Guests under age 5 stay free.
- A 50% desposit secures your reservation.
- 2-Night minimum stay required (*)
- 3-Night minimum stay required on holidays (**)
- Must be at least 21 years old to book a reservation
- Check-In time is 4:30 PM
- Check-Out time is 11:30 AM
- Cancellations accepted until 21 days prior to your scheduled arrival, less 25% cancellation fee.
- No Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Inside / Outside area provided
- No Candles / Flameless candles provided
- 6% Tourism tax will be added to your reservation
- Please Read our Detailed Rental Policies
Where is Hidden Gem Retreat?
Our Carefree Cabins are located within 10 miles of all the most popular Hocking Hills parks and hiking trails. And just a short distance to other local attractions such as shopping, restaurants, wineries, distilleries, and a variety of outdoor adventure activities and entertainment. The map to the right shows the general area where all cabins are located (red dot) in relation to local parks and roads. All our cabins are within a 2 mile radius of each other.
When you book a log cabin reservation with Carefree Cabins, you will be provided detailed location and driving directions to your cabin well in advance of your stay.
Remember... Cell phone service can be very unreliable in many parts of Hocking Hills. Bring a regular GPS if you have it, or plan on printing directions and bringing them with you.